How do I scan into SammyCloud?
April 3rd, 2019
The process for scanning into SammyCloud is very similar to scanning into Sammy in your office.
You must have a TWAIN compatible scanner. Most scanners support TWAIN drivers. If your scanner does not support TWAIN it will not work with SammyCloud.
- Search for your patient in SammyEHR and open the patient filing cabinet.
- Click the Standard Scan button.
- There are two modes to the Scan Importer in SammyEHR which you can toggle between...
- Single Patient: This mode automatically assigns any document you scan for the current chart in Sammy.
- Multiple Patient: This mode allows users to scan documents for multiple patients (different charts) and assign them as they edit the documents.
- Select Scan in the file menu of the SammyCloud Desktop application.
- You will be presented with the scanner options menu where you can select the following:
- Scanner: If you have multiple scanners select which one will be performing the current job task.
- Scan Type: Simplex or Duplex. Select the mode you want to scan. This is single or double sided scan job.
- Tray: Flatbed or Feeder. This is the location of the document on your scanner.
- Pixel Type: Black & White, GreyScale, Color. This affects the speed and transfer of your scan job. Black & White is the fastest... color is the slowest.
- Image Type: Tiff or PDF. Tiff is a smaller file and will be faster to scan and upload.
- Click Scan.
- Once the file is uploaded it will appear in the SammyEHR Scan Importer where you can view and edit the file.
- Provide a Description
- Select a Type of File
- Enter a date of service if necessary.
- Save Changes.
- Click Import.