Requirements for Sammy Cloud
The following are the system requirements for SammyCloud.com.
General / Networking
- Devices must be up to date with all Microsoft Windows updates.
- You must have an internet speed of 25Mbps down and 10Mbps up. Faster internet will result in better performance.
- Wireless networks may experience slowness or interruptions based on the health of your in-office WiFi network.
- Networks must have port 12345 open outbound (NOT INBOUND) so they can communicate with their cloud instance service. Some ISPs may block this port on residential service plans.
Workstations and Laptops
The following are the supported requirements for the SammyCloud.com desktop application to function.
- Intel Core i3 Processor (2013 or newer)
- 8GB Memory
- 5 GB Available Hard Drive space
- Windows 10
- Resolution of 1600 x 900 or higher**
**Lower resolution displays may prevent the full application from displaying.
ICS Software recommends the Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10 Professional for use with the SammyCloud system for full compatibility. iPad and Android tablets will work in browser mode but users will be unable to print, scan, send/receive files, or other future features. For full compatibility with all features of SammyCloud a Windows 10 tablet is required.
Please follow workstation/laptop specification guidelines for Surface tablets.
The following must be installed on all workstations or servers which will be used for the SammyCloud desktop application or the File Transfer agent***.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
Printing: Any laser printer. ICS Software recommends HP Laserjets.
Scanning: All TWAIN compliant scanners. Scanners without TWAIN compatible drivers are not compatible.
Camera: Any USB or laptop integrated webcam
Supported Browsers for SammyCloud.com Web Access
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
***The File Transfer agent is used to send lab results or digital imaging from your local network to the cloud server.