Mandate for Florida providers prescribing Controlled substances
Florida providers will not be able to write prescriptions for controlled substances effective July 1, 2021 or earlier if you are renewing the DEA license.
If you do not write prescriptions for controlled substances please ignore this alert.
If you are a practice that does write these types of prescriptions you need to complete the form below so you can pay for EPCS and be contacted to schedule an appointment to do the vetting process in ERX. You must follow the steps below as soon as possible to allow enough time if you need to do additional steps to get vetted.
- Please complete the Sammy EPCS Form located here.
- After we receive your form and payment, we will configure your ERX account accordingly. Before you can use ERX and EPCS you will need to schedule a vetting/training appointment to setup each provider to be able to send controlled substances.
- After the payment is made please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Each provider should allocate about ½ hour.
- Things needed at the appointment:
- Cell phone that will be used to receive passcodes to transmit the prescriptions. Please download an app called AUTHY (it has a symbol of a broken paperclip) in preparation of the session.
- Access to Sammy/ E-RX
- A staff member will need to be available for the step that requires verification for the provider.