CPU: Intel Core i5 Processor (5th gen or later)
DISK: 250GB (10gb reserved for Sammy)
Support Operating Systems
- Windows 10 or 11 (Home, Pro, Enterprise)
SammyEHR is not compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Apple OS. For more information on non-supported operating systems click here.
All available Windows Updates should be installed on each workstation.
Font size must be set to "Small 100%". You can find instructions on how to set font sizes here.
Antivirus software must be configured with the proper real-time exclusions.
Working speakers are recommended to use Sammy University.
Workstations need access to the following websites.
Laptops and Tablets follow the same guidelines for hardware requirements as desktop workstations.
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- All SammyEHR workstations require internet access.
- SammyEHR requires a Gigabit network. This means your computers should be connected at 1000Mbps or 1Gbps. Using the system on slower network speeds can degrade performance.
- ICS Software recommends a minimum of 20/10 Mbps broadband connection. Cable or Fiber is recommended. You can test your current internet speeds at www.speedtest.net
- Wireless N is recommended for wireless access. If your router or device do not support Wireless N, you should consider upgrading that device.
- Wireless access points should be secured using WPA2-PSK with a strong password of 12 characters or longer.
- Any computer that is not mobile should be hard-wired and not wireless.
- You should regularly test signal strength in all areas of your office.
- Any RDP connection to a workstation, from outside the local network, should be made over an encrypted VPN tunnel. Firewalls should not be configured to accept RDP connections from the WAN IP.
- DYMO LabelWriter 450 may be used with SammyEHR to print labels. You must have the latest DYMO Software and SDK installed.*
- SammyEHR can import documents from any scanner capable of saving PDF documents.
- The scanner must be configured to save scanned images in a network or local folder.
- TWAIN compatible scanners for SammyEHR cloud users
- Signature Pad - Topaz 755se**
*The DYMO will not work with remote stations using Remote Desktop Services.
**Requires a small client application running on the remote PC and additional firewall configuration.