How to set up and use the fingerprint scanner with SammyEHR (KB)
Step 1: Obtain the device
- The device is available on Amazon.com
- DigitalPersona U.are.U 4500 USB fingerprint reader without software.
- We do not recommend the 4500HD model
- The USB connector does come in two different sizes.
- Do NOT plug in the device until you get the proper update
Step 2: Get a Z678
- Process the update
- It will go through an install process at the end click Finished.
Step 3: Plug in the device
- This may take a few minutes for the computer to recognize the device and for the proper software to be installed for the device.
Step 4: Log out of the system and then click on the Sammy icon, the log on screen will appear
Step 5: Enter in your user name and password. DO NOT click on Login. Click on the finger print button. This will open up the enrollment form.
Step 6: Follow the prompts on the screen. Click the Save button
Finger Print Reader Use
Signing on through Sammy
- Double click on the Sammy icon.
- Place your finger on the device
- You are logged in!
Signing on in SamNotes during slide show
- Click on Preferences and Setup. In column 4, you will see TouchSCR Station “1” where the number “1” is the station number you are on. Change that to a Y by double clicking on the N. Then click Save/Close.
- Close SamNotes and reopen it
- You will see two new buttons on the main screen. And the log off button next to your H&P buttons.When you log off you will then see the slide show if it has already been set up
- Log back in by placing your finger on the device.