Windows versions that are no longer compatible with Sammy (KB)
What versions of Windows are not compatible with Sammy?
- Windows 98
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Server 2003
- Server 2008
- Server 2008 R2 without SP1
Why is Sammy no longer compatible with these operating systems?
- Microsoft ended extended support for Windows XP as of April 15th, 2014.
- Microsoft ended extended support for Server 2003 on April 14th, 2015.
- The highest available Internet Explorer version for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Server 2003, and Server 2008 is IE 9. IE 9 does not support TLS 1.1 or 1.2 which is required to securely transmit sensitive information.
- E-Prescribing and many insurance carriers are no longer accepting connections using TLS 1.0, SSL 2.0 or 3.0.
How does this affect my Practice?
- As of May 15th, 2016 all installations of Sammy on computers running Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, or Server 2008 will no longer be able to submit commercial claims using Zip Claim or download reports.
- As of June 30th, 2016 all installations of Sammy running on computers with Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 or Server 2008 will be disabled. You will no longer be able to use Sammy on those computers.
What do I do now?
- ICS Software recommends purchasing a new device as the hardware architecture in older workstations and servers would not be powerful enough to run Windows 7 or Windows 10.
- If you are running Server 2008 R2 without SP1 installed, ask your IT person to install the latest Service Pack. This is included free with Windows updates.
- Contact ICS Technical Support for any questions at 516-766-2129 or email@example.com
ICS Recommended Computer Specifications
For recommendations click on the following links