New Year Checklist
See below links to walk you through what your practice needs to know for the new year. Sign up for our webinars or view previously recorded ones by clicking on this link.
If you haven't already, watch the Winter Webinar with Ken and Barbara from December!
- Updating 2020 Fee Schedule for Medicare and Other Fee Schedules. Watch for the Support Alert for when the fees are available.
- New Feature! Access FAQ and click on link: Downloading DMERC Fee Schedule
Medicare Policy IDs (MBI)
- Effective January 1, 2020 all Medicare claims require the MBI policy ID otherwise they will be rejected.
- Please update the policy IDs on the patient charts that have Medicare and Medicare DMERC.
- Medicare Eligibility
- Patients with QMB status
- How to make sure 2019 Medicare claims are sent
- Optional recommended tasks
- What you need to do for MIPS
- View the MIPS Update portion of the Sammy Winter Webinar
- Double check your MIPS Eligibility
- Submit to QPP the Small Practice Applicationdeadline is December 31, 2019
- Eligible or Not, File an application
- Get Registered for MIPS 2019 Reporting
- We have been trying to reach you by Email, Phone calls and even Snail Mail. Don’t Miss Out!
- Watch for the Support Alert when it is time to upload.
- For more MIPS information, click on link in FAQ Winter MIPS 2019 Update
- Migrate to Sammy Cloud; a more secure environment for your sensitive ePHI data
HIPAA Compliancefor Servers and Workstations
- We urge clients to become HIPAA compliant by January 14 by replacing Servers running 2008 and upgrading workstations from Windows 7 to 10.
- While your workstations will continue to access Sammy, Microsoft will no longer provide security patches for these versions of OS leaving you vulnerable to breaches.
- Enhanced Password Policy
- Need to meet stronger criteria and improved password expiration policy
- Backup Information you need to know